Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Welcome to another recipe. This time I was craving soup and mushrooms, so I decided to unpack my new blender and try to make my first soup. It turned out way better than I had intended - creamy, smooth and intensely flavourful. The most important part is that it was extremely easy to make. This will definitely be a soup I will be making again and again, so I would highly suggest giving it a go. Let me know what you think and what did you do differently, because I'll want to try all your suggestions! :)
Ingredients (for 3 servings):
- Water: 400ml
- Mushrooms: 600g
- Yellow Onion: 1 medium
- Chicken bouillon powder: 1 tbs
- Double Cream: 250ml
- Coconut oil: 1 tbs
- Black crushed pepper
|Nutritional data (per serving)|
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them up, also chop the onion into medium sized chunks.
- Add coconut oil to the pan and set it to medium high.
- Add onions, salt and pepper, fry for a few minutes until they're starting to turn translucent.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and lower the heat to medium. Fry for about 10 min or until soft. You should see a lot of water separate from the mushrooms, don't strain it.
- Pour water into a blender, I used my new JR Quantum 3 Ultra blender (#notsponsored), but any good blender will do.
- Add chicken bouillon and blend it for 3 seconds or until incorporated.
- Add all of the fried contents from the pan into the blender and mix until creamy. It took me about 30 seconds to achieve a completely homogenised mixture.
- Add all of the double cream and blend on low for another minute.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy with a sprinkle of spring onions/scallions. :)