Cauliflower Lemon & Basil Infused Rice
All side dished are not equal. I could just leave it as this and start off with the recipe, but I feel like I owe you an explanation.
I've tried many cauli-rice recipes, but none of them have really taken it home for me until I made this one. The tangy kick of the lemon and the overtaking aroma of basil and lemon zest infusion with just a touch of garlic took me to another world, and I'm not even trying to be smart here. It's really that good. Even if you're not a huge fan of cauliflower, give it a try. This side dish is perfectly paired with some fried chicken filets in double cream sauce. The sweetness of the cream compliments the subtle sourness of this rice and will give you an out of this mouth experience! 😉
Ingredients (3 servings):
- Cauliflower: 350g
- Butter: 2tbsp
- Basil leaves: 15g
- Parsley leaves: 5g
- Lemon: 1/2 lemon
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Double/Whipping Cream: 100g
|Nutritional data (per serving)|
Preparation information after the ads.
- Grate the cauliflower, I used a tiny little electric grater, but it did the job.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Zest the whole 1/2 of the lemon.
- Please butter in a pan and heat it up on medium heat
- Add garlic and lemon zest and let it cook for about 2 min, keep stirring occasionally.
- Finely chop the parsley and basil. Set aside.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and cook for another 1-2 min.
- Add the cream and lemon, cook for another min.
- Add basil and parsley, salt and pepper. Mix everything well and cook for another 2 min to infuse.
- Remove from heat and enjoy! 😊