Whenever you think of coleslaw, you probably think of something simple, added to your meal as a plate filler that no-one actually enjoys. At least that's what I was thinking and I can't be the only one. To be honest, I love myself a good coleslaw, but it has to be made fresh and has to intrigue me with some color. This is exactly the reason I wanted to make a purple coleslaw, hence the royalness of it all. Add some gold and you're on your way to the top. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Do you prefer white or red cabbage? Do you add cheese or a different sauce? Let me know in the comment section!
Ingredients (6 portions):
- Red cabbage - 600g
- Pink Himalayan salt - 2tsp (or per taste)
- Crushed black pepper - 1/2tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1tbs
- Hellmann's Real mayo - 70g
- Real Greek yogurt - 70g
- Dried cumin seeds - 5g
|Nutritional data (6 servings)|
- Wash the cabbage and slice it up in very thin slices. You can leave them long or cut them in half, depending on what you prefer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix up well.
- Place in an airtight container and leave for at least 1 hour to seep in.
- Enjoy alone or on cheese crackers.