Keto Taco Bowl
When you're a big taco fan, but the carbs need to be limited, a great alternative can be a taco bowl, which still includes all of your favorite ingredients, without the unnecessary carbohydrates.
I've tried a few different recipes, but they all have left me wanting more, so I decided to make my own lovey bowl that would satisfy even the hardcore taco lovers.
This is a generally easy and straighforward recipe with little cooking, so give it a go and let me know how you like it. I'm open for suggestions and ideas for additional add-ons, to make it even more fabulous.
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- Ground Beef - 250g
- Cayenne Pepper
- Himalayan Salt
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese - 100g
- Peeled Cucumber - 140g
- Tomato - 80g
- Gem Lettuce - 215g
- Avocado - 55g
- Full Fat Greek Yogurt - 100g
- Ground Black Pepper
- Himalayan Salt
- Water to dilute
- I always keep my mince frozen, because I buy it in large quantities, so I defrosted the beef on the lowest setting in the microwave for about 10 minutes.
- While the beef is defrosting, peel the cucumber and cube it, as well as the cheese, tomato and avocado. Wash and cut up the gem lettuce in large pieces.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with dill (fresh or dried), add paprika for color of your preference (it won't really add any taste to it) and add pepper and salt to taste. The sauce will be quite thick, so dilute it to a lightly runny consistence, so you can later drizzle it over your salad.
- Fry the mince in a skillet with a bit of oil of your preference (I used coconut oil), add dried basil, cayenne pepper, salt and crushed black pepper to your liking. You can always add more, so start off small.
- Once that's done, assemble the salad. I made it look pretty for the photo, but you can just toss it all together.